Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Quiet Moment

peace
Okay, well there aren't a lot of quiet moments around here when the Ricardos are together, but occasionally, it happens.  And here is a photo to document that!  Of course, within minutes of  snapping this photo, the never ending wrestling match had resumed.

I walk and train Lucy and Ricky separately.  Same goes for field trips.  And lots of time just hanging in the house- one's crated and resting while the other is following me around being my little shadow.

But they also get time together each day.  But only about a total of an hour.  (I know that's hard to believe, but if you lived in the house with these two, it would make sense--- Trust me!)When they get out in the back yard, it becomes a race track.  And the bushes, an obstacle course.  They also do lots of wrestling.  Although they wear each other out pretty quickly, they haven't ever figured out (yet) how to rest when the other is near.

Some day, we'll all spend loads of time all together, but for now, there's lots of separation.  I can't wait until some day comes.  I walk them each a couple times a day for about 30 minutes a piece.  I'll have so much more time if and when we can ever do those walks all together!  And I did get them as a pair so they would have a buddy to spend their days with, after all!

But I know this first year or so, they have to learn good manners.  So although it feels like a bit of a pain the way I'm going about it, I know in the long run, it's going to pay off!
...and the quiet moment is just about over.


No comments: